Astaxanthin – the World’s most powerful antioxidant.
Astaxanthin is the key ingredient
First, Astaxanthin is the key ingredient in ASTA.TUDE skincare products. It forms support the promotion of a balanced and healthy lifestyle. Next, Astaxanthin is one of the most formidable naturally occurring antioxidants. Beside that, Astaxanthin is obtained from flora and fauna native to the marine world including krill, lobster, crab, shrimp and algae.
First Organisms to occupy the ocean
Firstly, Microalgae was one of the first organisms to occupy the ocean. Most noteworthy, it contains every known substance which is beneficial to human health. Furthermore, research on the algae with many of the benefits. As a result, the benefits of powerful antioxidant still in development.
Astaxanthin is unique
After that, Astaxanthin is derived from the Haematoccus Pluvialis strain of microalgae. In addition, its individual molecular structure enables it to acquire many hydroxyl radicals at once. Hence, this set it apart from counterparts such as Q10 or Vitamin E.
Our R&D Activities
Finally, with ten years of thorough and extensive research behind us, we have the innovative algae cultivation and qualified to use the world’s most powerful antioxidant, astaxanthin.
Powered by Astaxanthin
WHY we stand out? THE MARKET IS SATURATED WITH MANY SKINCARE PRODUCTS… ASTA.TUDE SKINCARE stands out with an attitude. ASTA.TUDE uses natural Astaxanthin as its base:
- Antioxidant Potency – Most noteworthy powerful singlet oxygen quenching and free radical scavenging activity. Protects against lipoperoxidation.
- Solubility & Permeability – Spans the membrane bi-lipid layer. Hence, comprehensive protection and strengthens rigidity.
- Protection – Forms a protective shield and defends against continuous free radical attack at the cellular level.
- Safety – Defined as a pure antioxidant unlike other well known antioxidants that can become pro-oxidants.
Topical Benefits of Astaxanthin
- Due to the normal course of aging, human skin is constantly subjected to environmental attacks which strip away moisture, induce premature wrinkles and increase vulnerability for age-spots.
- Environmental factors like sunlight, ozone and other pollutants to reduce the skin’s resistance and make skin look older than it really is.
- A closer look at the mechanism of action reveals that those factors due to excessive levels of Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) to build up in skin and inflict damage at a cellular level.
- One way is to cut down the presence of ROS by topical treatment.
- Research shows that natural Astaxanthin from Haematococcus microalgae is a powerful carotenoid that penetrates skin and protects each dermal layer from ROS related damage.
Why is Astaxanthin good for the skin?
- When free radicals (bad guys) steal electrons from your skin cell membranes, hence, your skin cells will damage.
- Consequently, this can cause uneven skin tone, wrinkles and blemishes. This process is called lipid peroxidation.
- Getting rid of these bad guys is a tough job and is often done by antioxidants (scavengers).
- When tested among other antioxidants, as a result, Astaxanthin shows the lowest Effective dose for 50% population, hence, making it the most effective scavenger in town.
- Lipid peroxidation of the skin top layer (stratum corneum) caused by ROS which reduces the natural barrier function.
- Asta scavenges the ROS in the skin surface which ultimately helps reduce moisture loss and keeps skin smooth
- Reduces UVB induced inflammation probably via the NF-kB kinase dependant pathway. The less stressed the skin is the better.
- Assists skin renewal by minimising effects of ROS. Too much ROS breaks down the collagen matrix and increase levels of matrix metalloproteinases (MMP) leading to wrinkle formation and loss of elasticity
- Incorporating the powerful carotenoid into cosmetics will increase the antioxidant status of skin and reduce the effects of ROS at the cellular level. On the surface, skin will look and feel more youthful.